05 April 2014

[ubuntu] Auto restart problem

(www.inventorairconditioner.com) [ubuntu] Auto restart problem after shutdown command

[ubuntu] Auto restart problem after shutdown command

I have experienced the problem since I installed my machine with Ubuntu 13.10. If I hit the shutdown button, my laptop (Acer Aspire V5) executed a shutdown sequence. But after several seconds, it went on again. Then I found this website owned by +Thierry Nicola.

So I did the following step, as mentioned in the site: Open a terminal window

$ gksudo gedit /etc/rc.local.shutdown

the command will open the file /etc/rc.local.shutdown

Then I type this command in the file:

rmmod ehci_hcd

Next save the file.

Then try to shutdown your machine. It works fine in mine.

But strangely on my other laptop (Acer Aspire V5) as well as other same laptops I found on Google Discussion behave differently.

It goes well by installing Laptop Mode Tools, as shown in the following code

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install laptop-mode-tools

Don't know why, don't want to know, as long as it works perfectly :-)

No comments: